Checked to make sure it was loaded.
Readied it.
Readied it.
Didn't tell any of you.
Hoped that I would just fade out.
Put it to my temple and took a deep breath.
I can't pull the trigger.
My finger is locked.
It's not going to move...
~~~
She'd taken the gun from her father's holster, he'd just come back from night watch and didn't think anyone would still be awake. Of course she was awake. There was no way she wouldn't. Not with the tears flowing down her cheeks like waterfalls, never ceasing.
She'd taken the gun from her father's holster, he'd just come back from night watch and didn't think anyone would still be awake. Of course she was awake. There was no way she wouldn't. Not with the tears flowing down her cheeks like waterfalls, never ceasing.
Her father had walked into his room and she waited.
She made sure he was fast asleep as she got up, walking over the piles of discarded clothes and shoes on her bedroom floor, and made her way to the living room.
Her father's leather holster was sitting on the cabinet. She grabbed the gun and pulled it out with ease. She'd done it many times before.
Her eyes were well adjusted to the dark. It was easy for her to pull out the magazine, check it to make sure there were fresh bullets, and clicked it back into place. A simple handgun. She'd shot one before. She was more of a rifle girl, though. Handguns were too hard to get a proper aim with, but if the gun is touching the target?
Her father's leather holster was sitting on the cabinet. She grabbed the gun and pulled it out with ease. She'd done it many times before.
Her eyes were well adjusted to the dark. It was easy for her to pull out the magazine, check it to make sure there were fresh bullets, and clicked it back into place. A simple handgun. She'd shot one before. She was more of a rifle girl, though. Handguns were too hard to get a proper aim with, but if the gun is touching the target?
She pressed the cold metal of the barrel against her temple and closed her eyes. She straightened as her finger fearlessly found the trigger.
Pull it.
Pull it.
She couldn't.
She put the gun down, back in its holster, and walked back to her room.
No one would ever know that she almost did it.
No one would ever know that she almost did it.
The Bloglandians might have had their ideas after some time.
But that's all she really cared about now. Not about her parents and siblings that would have ran out of their rooms at the sharp crack of the gun.
But that's all she really cared about now. Not about her parents and siblings that would have ran out of their rooms at the sharp crack of the gun.
*Pulls Death into a hug*
ReplyDeleteGod damn it! Death you scared me half to death!!
I swear my insides twisted as I read this!
*Hugs Death tighter* Shit Death please don't do that! Please
It you want to talk to someone at any time you can talk to me. Honestly, I care I really do. I just, I can't say that I know what to do but I can be their for you if that even helps at all.