Ah, life just rocks when an uncle has an incurable cancer... You think of his three year old daughter not having a father to walk her down the isle when she's older, you think of his kind wife of eight years, you think of the pain he has gone through and what everyone else is feeling; but do you consider yourself in the matter?
My uncle was diagnosed with adrenal cancer last weekend, I thought solely on him, not thinking of the thoughts above until the day after and then remembering myself the day after that. My uncle is one of the nicest men I have ever met in my life. I was always greeted with a, "Hey mate!" In his cheerful, happy tone. I'll miss that most.
His three year old daughter, Matilda, doesn't know what's going on, for that I'm grateful and sorrowed. She will never know what it is like to have a father like I do, she'll never know her father, she'll never learn how to be stupid (the way fathers are), she'll never know fatherly love. I am grateful that she doesn't know because if she did, imagine you losing your father. She'd be devastated, depressed, agonized...
My uncle, his wife and their daughter are going down to the beach to walk along he sand, for it will be the last time he is able to do so; they (the doctors) believe he wont make it till Christmas. We are throwing an early Christmas for them, the date is still unconfirmed. I would like to make this post in honor of a great man.
My uncle Paul, I will always remember you; the way you played with me when I was younger, the way you smile, the way you talk, the way you were the greatest man I'd ever met. I'll love you for my whole life, even though you may not be in it for much longer. You will live on in the hearts of many, in the hearts of everyone you met, in the hearts of your wife and child. You will always have a special spot in my heart. I love you and the loss of you is a devastation upon the world. My heart will always be a Sanctuary for the most amazing people in my life. Life without you will never be the same again.
No comments:
Post a Comment