Death awoke handcuffed to a chair. She tried to remember what had happened. Gun, fire, girl with dark hair and dark eyes, a thin man, a gleaming silver Bentley and blood; lots and lots of blood.
She looked at the room she was in. It had dark blue-grey walls, a mahogany bookcase to the left, a wooden desk with a swivel chair to the right and, in front of Death were hats. Lots and lots of hats. A mirror was placed slightly to the left of them.
The door opened behind her and Death sat up straighter. The girl with the dark hair and dark eyes came in and looked at her with suspicion. "Who are you and what were you doing near Dusk?" She asked with narrowed eyes.
Death stared.
The girl sighed. "My name is Valkyrie Cain. I have personally saved the world a few times, you could at least tell me your name."
Death thought quickly. I've already killed Layla Shadows; I need a new name, and quick! Death settled on one of her friends names. "Mistical Future," She said and looked at her handcuffs. "Are these really nesassary?"
Valkyrie smiled tightly. "Skulduggery didn't want to but I needed to mak sure you couldn't hurt us, or his hats, while we interrogated you."
Suddenly, a thin man walked in; his face in shadow. "Hello, Miss Future," He said and his voice could have been made from velvet it was that smooth. "I am Skulduggery Pleasant, sorcerer, detective, devilishly handsome-" He was cut off by Valkyrie elbowing him in the ribs.
"How can you be handsome without a face?" Valkyrie asked and laughed.
Sklduggery tilted his head up in the light and saw that the girl had been right about not having a face. Skulduggery just had a skull. "I am handsome because I am. You don't judge a skeleton by his bones!" He skeleton shook his skull. "So Miss Future, why do you have the Necklace of Truth?"
Death just sat there, wishing that she wasn't tied up. She wanted to kill them both, wanted to hear their screams as they begged for mercy. "I needed it, I was told to get it or else they would..." Death trailed off and big crocodile tears started to stream down her face. "They'd kill her; I can't let that happen." She started sobbing and Skulduggery placed a light hand on her shoulder. He held out a tissue... At least until he remembered that she couldn't use her hands.
"I'm sorry. Who where 'they'? And who is 'her'?" Cain asked. She flicked her dark hair behind her ear and looked at Death with expectant eyes.
"I can't tell you who, but I can show you."
The skeleton looked impressed. "Okay, where is he?"
Death smiled a tight smile and said, "Near the old industrial district. There is a were house that is abandoned exept for... Him..."
Death smiled as she got in the back seat of the Bentley. The car smelt of a sweet fragrance and Skulduggery looks back at her. "If you get blood in my car again, I will kill you."
Death nodded and grined as she lead the detectives to their deaths.
OH AWESOME!!!!
ReplyDelete... HAY wait ur giving my name a bad reputation!!! that's not good!!!
but LOL just LOL, i'm in class right now with the head of our graid sitting horisontal from me, lol i had to force my self to only smile and make a funny sound, but if i wasn't in class i would of lughed!!! the part with my name and the part wher SP said he'd kill you!!! there that parts that i had to force back the laugh on!!!
OMG so acward with my name being used!!!
But it's great ... no EXTRODENARY!!! keep up the *talks in posh voice* extrodenary work!!!
HATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
ReplyDeleteHATS!!!!!! HATS HATS HATS HATS!
ReplyDelete*sets fire to bed*
AGH! CAN'T THIS HAVE AN OFF BUTTON?!